Sunday 9 October 2016

Yet Another Cancelled Trip

It's Sunday and it's raining - just like it was yesterday and will be again tommorow. The weather forecast earlier this week has proved to be wrong once again; the prediction was for clouds and sunshine, but the reality is yet more rain, rain all over the island. So once again I have the frustration of cancelling yet another planned trip up to Taipei, and it is now more than two months since I was last there. I am now eager for the winter to come and bring the cold, dry air and then I might be able to get something done. I am also especially eager for the rain to disappear this month due to my postponed tour of Feitsui reservoir from last month.

Now I could have made the trip today, and I have made reservoir trips in the rain before and I have all the gear to do it with. But 1) the weather precludes the specific kind of pictures I want, 2) I'm just sick and tired of the bloody rain.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment moderation is now in place, as of April 2012. Rules:

1) Be aware that your right to say what you want is circumscribed by my right of ownership here.

2) Make your comments relevant to the post to which they are attached.

3) Be careful what you presume: always be prepared to evince your point with logic and/or facts.

4) Do not transgress Blogger's rules regarding content, i.e. do not express hatred for other people on account of their ethnicity, age, gender, sexual orientation or nationality.

5) Remember that only the best are prepared to concede, and only the worst are prepared to smear.