Saturday 1 March 2014

This Morning's Catch: Osprey Shots







All shots taken this morning whilst on the raft. Although I meant to be up as early as possible, I didn't actually leave the house until 8.45am so I didn't get onto the water until 9.55am. I spent just over three hours on the raft but didn't approach the dam and spillway until noon, by which time the haze had increased and the sun had risen far too high to be any good. That being said, I did manage to figure out how I had made my previous navigational error through the maze of islands; the right direction to go in proved to be subtly counterintuitive. The next trip should be much quicker.

My hands are all burned up now from constantly pushing that bamboo paddle through the water; it's one thing to prepare for this by three weeks of pull-ups and lower back stretches, but they don't protect the skin on your hands. I'll have to remember to wear gloves next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment moderation is now in place, as of April 2012. Rules:

1) Be aware that your right to say what you want is circumscribed by my right of ownership here.

2) Make your comments relevant to the post to which they are attached.

3) Be careful what you presume: always be prepared to evince your point with logic and/or facts.

4) Do not transgress Blogger's rules regarding content, i.e. do not express hatred for other people on account of their ethnicity, age, gender, sexual orientation or nationality.

5) Remember that only the best are prepared to concede, and only the worst are prepared to smear.