Saturday 19 January 2013

Yongheshan Reservoir (永和山水庫) Trip


That's myself yesterday morning at the entry barriers to Yongheshan reservoir just outside of Zhunan in Miaoli county. I was hoping to talk to an engineer or two, but the management office was unexpectedly closed. Instead I talked to one of the locals who seemed knowledgable about the reservoir and he confirmed what I had already known about the feeder stream, and affirmed what I had already guessed about its' source and location off the river. However, because it was especially windy yesterday, I guessed that it would be slow going on the mountain bike and decided to leave it for another trip. This time I just took advantage of the pleasant winter sunshine to retake some older shots from last year's trip and explore some of the farmer's roads to the south. I didn't find anything particularly interesting, although I did notice Ozsoapbox's spooky mausoleum from atop the nearby hills...


Now that my house move is finished (more or less), I may start posting with greater frequency again soon, although I was feeling much better during my two week internet hiatus. The troll's comments will still be binned on reflex, but otherwise comments are open again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment moderation is now in place, as of April 2012. Rules:

1) Be aware that your right to say what you want is circumscribed by my right of ownership here.

2) Make your comments relevant to the post to which they are attached.

3) Be careful what you presume: always be prepared to evince your point with logic and/or facts.

4) Do not transgress Blogger's rules regarding content, i.e. do not express hatred for other people on account of their ethnicity, age, gender, sexual orientation or nationality.

5) Remember that only the best are prepared to concede, and only the worst are prepared to smear.