Thursday 13 December 2012

"Milvus Migrans"


This is a Black Kite I found soaring on the thermals over the back end of Tseng-wen reservoir yeterday (Wednesday) morning just before 8am. Driving through Zuohzhen and Yujing at 5.30am-5.45am was awful; not only was it pitch black (no road lighting) but there was so much fog that I couldn't see more than maybe ten yards in front of me. I needn't have worried; once we got onto the climb up the southern end of Tseng-wen reservoir, we quickly burst through the fog to see the sun rising over the mountains. It was a spectacular day, and I got far more out of it than the day before, when I rode the bicycle down to Agongdian reservoir to look for the diversion channel entry point (which I didn't find). The 98 kilometers I spent cycling on Tueday would not have bought me even half of Wednesday's trip which had to be undertaken on motorbike.

There is a lot of work to be getting on with...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment moderation is now in place, as of April 2012. Rules:

1) Be aware that your right to say what you want is circumscribed by my right of ownership here.

2) Make your comments relevant to the post to which they are attached.

3) Be careful what you presume: always be prepared to evince your point with logic and/or facts.

4) Do not transgress Blogger's rules regarding content, i.e. do not express hatred for other people on account of their ethnicity, age, gender, sexual orientation or nationality.

5) Remember that only the best are prepared to concede, and only the worst are prepared to smear.