Wednesday 31 October 2012

No More Comments At J.M. Cole's Blog

Just over a week ago, J.M. Cole stopped accepting comments on his blog, so there is now no longer any other forum for criticism except here on my own blog.

Here is what he had to say in email...

"I stopped accepting comments on my blog, period, because I was getting a lot of spam, and was being hounded by a lunatic who every now and then would post several messages at once. It has absolutely nothing to do with you, and I had no problem with what you wrote on my mid-east piece. Sorry if you felt this was directed at you; it wasn't."

I mention this only for the proverbial "record" - draw your own conclusions.

***

I would have commented on some of his recent editorials, including the latest one on the LGBT parade in Taipei, but I can't be bothered. The point Cole apparently fails to grasp is simple: the enemy of tolerance is not discrimination, it is the initiation of force - including forced acceptance and other forms of so-called "affirmative action".

Discrimination is itself, in fact, the only effective means of countering discrimination - as I explained in the comments section on this Ozoapbox thread just over a year ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment moderation is now in place, as of April 2012. Rules:

1) Be aware that your right to say what you want is circumscribed by my right of ownership here.

2) Make your comments relevant to the post to which they are attached.

3) Be careful what you presume: always be prepared to evince your point with logic and/or facts.

4) Do not transgress Blogger's rules regarding content, i.e. do not express hatred for other people on account of their ethnicity, age, gender, sexual orientation or nationality.

5) Remember that only the best are prepared to concede, and only the worst are prepared to smear.