Monday 14 May 2012

C-130 "Hercules" & F-CK-1 "IDF"

Busy day with the camera today; I was up in Chiayi city to try to get some decent shots of the two little reservoirs there (Lantan reservoir, and Renyitan reservoir). I also took some pictures this morning before I left; the first one was shot from my balcony: a C-130 Hercules in ground camouflage approaching Tainan Airforce base.


 The second image, showing an F-CK-1 (經國號戰機) "Indigenous Defence Fighter", was taken from route 17 just north of Tainan City. Although the IDF pilot already has his landing gear out, he is still a long distance (maybe five kilometers or so) from the Airforce base. That whole flight of IDFs also had dual, under-wing fuel tanks attached.


On my way back from Chiayi at about 3pm this afternoon - just before Tainan's Houbi district - I also caught a pair of F-16s in tight formation heading back up to the Chiayi base, but by the time I had twisted my neck around to spot them, it was too late to think about fishing the camera out again and switching over to the long lens.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment moderation is now in place, as of April 2012. Rules:

1) Be aware that your right to say what you want is circumscribed by my right of ownership here.

2) Make your comments relevant to the post to which they are attached.

3) Be careful what you presume: always be prepared to evince your point with logic and/or facts.

4) Do not transgress Blogger's rules regarding content, i.e. do not express hatred for other people on account of their ethnicity, age, gender, sexual orientation or nationality.

5) Remember that only the best are prepared to concede, and only the worst are prepared to smear.