Wednesday 11 February 2015

Out Of Touch

Until it was brought to my attention indirectly at Samizdata, I wasn't even aware that Beck has had a new record out for over a year now. I looked it up and this was the first thing I found...



Not bad. When I first listened to it I misinterpreted one of the lyrics as "something calling across the water", when apparently it is "songbird calling across the water". I prefer my misinterpretation, having made it my business to cross the waters of Taiwan's reservoirs.


I've liked Beck's music since I bought the "Mutations" record on the day it went on sale in the UK way back in 1998. I hope he keeps going; he seems to be getting better with age.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment moderation is now in place, as of April 2012. Rules:

1) Be aware that your right to say what you want is circumscribed by my right of ownership here.

2) Make your comments relevant to the post to which they are attached.

3) Be careful what you presume: always be prepared to evince your point with logic and/or facts.

4) Do not transgress Blogger's rules regarding content, i.e. do not express hatred for other people on account of their ethnicity, age, gender, sexual orientation or nationality.

5) Remember that only the best are prepared to concede, and only the worst are prepared to smear.