Friday 19 September 2014

Tropical Storm "Fung-Wang"

I often find that the CWB's forecasts and predictions are wrong. I also often find that they are right, but I haven't bothered to collate the data to get a sense of overall accuracy. Among their forecast errors in particular, I have found the CWB to be occassionally wrong about the impact of typhoons; I have known several that were predicted to bring strong winds and rain, but which brough little of either. In any case, when they are warning about a possible typhoon making landfall it is probably best to play it safe and assume their predictions are correct. I do not want to be struggling in gale force winds in second gear on my motorbike on the side of a mountain somewhere up in Nantou.

So that's my trip up to Deiji reservoir this weekend cancelled then.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment moderation is now in place, as of April 2012. Rules:

1) Be aware that your right to say what you want is circumscribed by my right of ownership here.

2) Make your comments relevant to the post to which they are attached.

3) Be careful what you presume: always be prepared to evince your point with logic and/or facts.

4) Do not transgress Blogger's rules regarding content, i.e. do not express hatred for other people on account of their ethnicity, age, gender, sexual orientation or nationality.

5) Remember that only the best are prepared to concede, and only the worst are prepared to smear.