Monday 23 July 2012

3rd Miaoli Trip: Yongheshan Reservoir (永和山水庫)


Yesterday I took the train up to Miaoli again (getting off the train at Zhunan township this time) and rode my bicycle out to Yongheshan reservoir (永和山水庫) in the hilly Toufen and Sanwan districts. The weather was overcast and miserable - rode the bicycle all the way around the reservoir and back down route 13 toward Mingde reservoir and back into Miaoli city itself to catch the early train back to Tainan. Looking at the map, I reckon it to have been a good fifteen kilometers or so (about ten miles). That was only the second time I've used the bicycle in about four years, and I was exhausted - so my fitness has still got a long, long way to go. I'll get it out every night this week and give it a whirl down to the beach and back I think. Alternatively, I might even try riding it all the way out to one of the Tainan reservoirs and back for a real stretch - Wushantou reservoir is the closest at about fifteen miles away. I'll have to be up well before dawn again to give that a try...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment moderation is now in place, as of April 2012. Rules:

1) Be aware that your right to say what you want is circumscribed by my right of ownership here.

2) Make your comments relevant to the post to which they are attached.

3) Be careful what you presume: always be prepared to evince your point with logic and/or facts.

4) Do not transgress Blogger's rules regarding content, i.e. do not express hatred for other people on account of their ethnicity, age, gender, sexual orientation or nationality.

5) Remember that only the best are prepared to concede, and only the worst are prepared to smear.