Thursday 12 May 2011

Didi & Meimei

I'm gutted. For the past three months or so, me and a Taiwanese girl have been taking care of two abandoned white puppies at the park, a brother and sister. In fact I was just carrying the little brother around with me last night when me and the other dogs were walking around the park. This morning the brother - Didi - was run over by a car at about 9am. We found out this afternoon. Here he is on the right.

Apparently, Didi had run into the road after being chased by Black & White to whom he must have done something annoying (I guess that might have been sniffing too close to her when she had a bone or something). It's unusual because the other two dogs very rarely show anger to the two puppies - and a sharp word from me is enough to stop them. I wish I'd been there this morning to stop whatever it was that really happened.

Anyway his sister - Meimei - is left on her own without him and only the other two fully grown dogs, Picky and Black & White for company. That's Meimei in the second picture above - she is white whilst her brother was more tan. It's going to be very hard on her, because she's already flighty and nervous with people and I don't think she can be adopted (unless possibly by my friend Wang).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment moderation is now in place, as of April 2012. Rules:

1) Be aware that your right to say what you want is circumscribed by my right of ownership here.

2) Make your comments relevant to the post to which they are attached.

3) Be careful what you presume: always be prepared to evince your point with logic and/or facts.

4) Do not transgress Blogger's rules regarding content, i.e. do not express hatred for other people on account of their ethnicity, age, gender, sexual orientation or nationality.

5) Remember that only the best are prepared to concede, and only the worst are prepared to smear.