Saturday 24 April 2010

澄清: Precipitate

The weather here yesterday - thursday 23rd ("Earth Day") - was beautiful and I made the most of it tearing up the roads on one of the bikes. Today however, it has been nothing but cold front with lots of rain, which interfered with a few things I had planned. It seems this weekend and the best part of next week is going to be all clouds and rain too, so I'm hoping that by next monday there'll be a good forecast for the following weekend (May 1st and 2nd) so I can take my girlfriend to 船帆石 (chuan fan sih - Sail Boat Rock) at the southern tip of the island. Problem is the hotels are all booked out already, prices are about to rise (so postponing until June will be ridiculously expensive) and she will not agree to camping - even though I have all the gear; airbed, pillows, overhead fan etc... I don't know how we are going to resolve this yet.

In the meantime, events at work have cut down my time alone on the laptop meaning other things get pushed back until the weekend or next week; but there's lots going on and some big news (but no surprise to me at all) over at Billy Beck's place:
"Here is my conjecture: the ex-president either briefly eyeballed that blog himself, or accepted a memo from one of his flunkies which included the line that I wrote."
Drop everything and go and read Beck; Bill Clinton paraphrased him in a speech with malicious intent, but the original line is: "All politics in this country now is just dress rehearsal for civil war." In identifying the ethical and political implications of events in the United States, that man has no peers. He's the man, god bless him.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment moderation is now in place, as of April 2012. Rules:

1) Be aware that your right to say what you want is circumscribed by my right of ownership here.

2) Make your comments relevant to the post to which they are attached.

3) Be careful what you presume: always be prepared to evince your point with logic and/or facts.

4) Do not transgress Blogger's rules regarding content, i.e. do not express hatred for other people on account of their ethnicity, age, gender, sexual orientation or nationality.

5) Remember that only the best are prepared to concede, and only the worst are prepared to smear.