Thursday 13 August 2009

Precepts

1) My narrow purpose in creating this blog is to undermine the editorial line of the Taipei Times.

2) My broader aim is to erode the psychological, structural and cultural supports to collectivism of all stripes in Taiwan.

3) I will pursue two methods - destructive criticism and constructive conjecture.

4) Although English is obviously not the first language of the Taiwanese, it is the language in which the Taipei Times is written and it is therefore the language I shall use. I shall not make any promises about simplifying my language for the benefit of learners, though I am happy to take the time to explain and answer questions.

5) I will allow comments, although I may not always have the time to deal with them.

6) I will not post according to any particular schedule - it will be entirely as and when I feel up to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment moderation is now in place, as of April 2012. Rules:

1) Be aware that your right to say what you want is circumscribed by my right of ownership here.

2) Make your comments relevant to the post to which they are attached.

3) Be careful what you presume: always be prepared to evince your point with logic and/or facts.

4) Do not transgress Blogger's rules regarding content, i.e. do not express hatred for other people on account of their ethnicity, age, gender, sexual orientation or nationality.

5) Remember that only the best are prepared to concede, and only the worst are prepared to smear.